Skip to content
- 1 4-5 lb pork butt, trimmed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Generous sprinkle of Paleo Living Pork Seasoning
- Fire up your grill with the coals on only one side.
- Combine the spices and rub all of it on the pork. Rub it really well in all the pockets and crevices you can find. You really want all the flavors to get packed into the meat.
- When the grill is hot, place the pork butt on the side of the grill without the coals. You aren't trying to cook it now; you are just looking for that smokiness from the grill.
- Cover and let the smoke and spices infuse with the pork for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare your slowcooker with a liner and toss in the onion.
- Place the pork on top of the onions and cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. It is ready when you can shred it with a fork and you can no longer stand how good your house smells.
Scroll To Top