Ropa Vieja with Plantains
- 1 2 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons “Beef/Pork Seasoning”
- 1 28-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- 2 plantains, cut on a bias
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Season flank steak with “Beef/Pork Seasoning”, oregano, and cumin.
- Sear on each side for about 30 seconds in hot pan.
- Remove and put in a slow cooker.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove beef and shred.
- Return to slow cooker and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Fry your plantains until golden brown.
- Remove and serve the ropa vieja with the fried plantains and cilantro.