Coffee Rubbed Rib Eeye with Grilled Peppers and Red Onion
- 1 2-inch bone-in beef rib eye (2-2.5 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons Honey Cajun Rub
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 4 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take the beef out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon “Honey Cajun Rubs” with the coffee, and chipotle powder. Rub the spice mixture over the beef.
- In a large cast-iron or heavy bottomed skillet, heat the ghee over high heat. Once the pan is very hot, add the Rib Eye to the pan and sear on one side. Flip and sear the other side. Baste the excess ghee over the Rib Eye. Place the pan in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. For medium rare, check for an internal temperature of 125°F. Once cooked, allow the steak to rest for 20 minutes.
- While the Rib Eye is cooking, prepare the corn and onions.
- On a grill or in a grill pan, season the veggies with the remaining “Honey Cajun Rub”. Grill.
- To serve: slice the steak and serve with grilled veggies.