Skip to content
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled and shredded, steamed slightly.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Generous sprinkle of Paleo Living Veggie Seasoning
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/8 c. Parmesan/Romano cheese
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/2 c. sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus (around 8 large stalks), bottoms removed, chopped into large chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- For the crust, simply mix all ingredients in a large bowl and then press into the bottom of a greased springform pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until center is firm. Time will depend on type and size of pan used, so keep an eye out.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a saucepan and add in the onions, asparagus, and garlic.
- Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes until onions are slightly transparent.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes while the crust finishes cooking.
- Beat eggs and heavy whipping cream until fluffy.
- Add in the asparagus mixture to the eggs, stir, and then pour into pan.
- Sprinkle with some cracked black pepper and a little salt.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until cooked through – center will be firm and edges slightly brown.
Scroll To Top